BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Stew
Calcite | Level 5
Is proc qlim available as a menu task in EG 4.3? If so, where? Generally, how can one easily identify which menu item addresses a particular SAS procedure, especially where the menu / sub-menu name is not obvious. Is there a detailed menu listing?
5 REPLIES 5
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I don't have EG 4.3 on this computer yet, but on EG 4.2, you could see the list of procedure names by selecting VIEW --> Task List and then once the Task List window popped up, there was a drop down box to select Tasks by Name which had the description and the SAS Procedure name.

cynthia
Stew
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for your response. I see that but not the descriptions. The menu items are also displayed at the top of a dataset that is opened. I see where I could go through each task by either method to find what I want. However, I am trying to find a way of going from the proc statement to locate the particular menu item. Its not that obvious for all of the proc statements. For example, I thought I could type in 'qlim' in the help search and obtain that knowledge.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I don't understand what you mean when you say: "...trying to find a way of going from the PROC statement to locate the particular menu item..." From this statement "I thought I could type in 'qlim' in the help search and obtain that knowledge" it seems that you might want more information about PROC QLIM (part of SAS/ETS). The documentation for PROC QLIM is here:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etsug/63348/HTML/default/viewer.htm#etsug_qlim_sect001.h...

I am not sure how or even if all the SAS/STAT, ETS or QC documentation is surfaced in EG help.

cynthia
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Try this

http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/guide/sastasksandprocs.htm

(Found by searching for
"enterprise guide" tasks procedures
on support.sas.com

Stew, you are more likely to get a better answer to an EGuide question in the EGuide forum.

Doc Muhlbaier
Duke
Stew
Calcite | Level 5
Doc, thanks for the heads up on EG queries. That link is what I was seeking.
Stew

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation