BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
charlotte
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

Im working om my thesis in SAS 9.1 and have encountered a problem I hope you can help me with.

I have two variables CDS and EQ and need to construct a VAR model. The numbers of lags in the model need to be selected by the minimum AIC value but to do this I need to get the AIC values of all the possible lag combinations.

Normally is done by this code I guess

proc statespace data=sasuser.index2 out=out lead=10;
var CDS(1) equity(1);
id date;
run;

but the maximum limit of lags is 10 and I need to test about 200 or so...At least more than 10

I really hope you can help!

Thanks
~Charlotte
2 REPLIES 2
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Charlotte,

Check the documentation. I think that you just need to set the LAGMAX parameter to a greater number.

Doc Muhlbaier
Duke
charlotte
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Doc

The problem is that the proc statespace cannot calculate for more than 10 lags, even though I set "lead" to 20 it only calculates for 10 (also what the documentation says), so I need some kind of way to avoid this limit or another method for doing the same thing.

But thanks anyway

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation