BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sahkul
Fluorite | Level 6
What are the steps to renew LSF Scheduler license in AIX.
I have got the valid License.

What level of access is needed to update this license?
5 REPLIES 5
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Generally, the LSF Scheduler is part of a bigger, BI Platform (or SAS Enterprise Intelligence Platform) installation.

You should work with your SAS Sales Representative on this issue. If you do not know the name of your Sales Rep, then find the SAS Administrator at your company, they should know the name of your Sales Rep. If you are the SAS Administrator at your site and you need to make contact with your Sales Rep, if you contact SAS Tech Support, they can look up your company's information and refer you to the right person.

cynthia
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
Can't help with AIX but On Windows, you need to copy the license to two locations (Would assume similar)

PlatformComputing's conf folder a file called license.dat,and
PlatformProcessManager's conf folder a file called license.dat .

Search the SAS Site for LSF and License, and this should give you a good starting point.

Cynthia, sahkul states they already has the license, generally a sales rep isn't going to know how to apply the license (well from my experiences anyway).

Regards

Barry
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi,
Well, I interpreted "update" and the question "What are the steps to renew LSF Scheduler license in AIX." as an "about to expire license" that needed to be renewed (i.e. paid for). He could already have a valid license and might need to pay the yearly maintenance to get the renewal instructions.

The LSF Scheduler is usually part of a bigger configuration and if LSF Scheduler needs to be renewed, there might be other software needing renewal, as well. Updating LSF Scheduler if his SAS server license also needs to be renewed won't do the users much good.

cynthia
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
If that was the case, LSF about to expire, all the SAS licenses would probably have already expired (If they hadn't started the renewal process), as the LSF Licenses generally have a couple of extra months over the sas licenses as there is no grace or warning period for it.

Generally, from what I have seen at a few sites, what happens is that people renew the SAS licenses and SAS has good documentation on how to do this, at the same time the LSF license is supplied but is usually an oversight and is forgotten. LSF doesn't give warning msg like SAS so the first someone knows about it is when it doesn't work.

Barry
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Good to know! Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation