BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello All

I am trying to set up a library in SAS by using the LIBNAME statement.

The following is the LIBNAME statement:
libname fclus 'O:\LSHARED\Pappu\Branch Segmentation - Cluster Analysis Project\Total Revamp - 2009 data - Apr2009\SAS\fclus09';
I am getting the note.

NOTE: Library FCLUS does not exist.

Please note that I am trying to reference a shared drive and not sure if the problem is due to that.

thanks
pappu.
12 REPLIES 12
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
This usually occurs because you have a typo in the name for the SAS-data-Library. SAS data libraries are fine on shared drives. If you can see the library with the "My Computer" tool, SAS can see it with the LIBNAME.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Well - I copied the fielpath from the browser, so the chance of an error is removed from the criteria.

I am not sure if SAS will accept such a long filepath - is it due to that?

Thanks
Pappu
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
And what happens when you take the libname path information and paste it back into a suitable location to view the file drive/directory? If you are able to interchange the path information and still get a SAS error, I recommend you open a SAS support tracking issue.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
deleted_user
Not applicable
if through enterprise guide(for example) your libname statement is running on a server, it is possible that the drive O: has a different meaning in that SAS environment, from its meaning in your client session.
That problem can be circumvented by investigating the server drive mappings, or using a UNC path in the libname statement.

good Luck

PeterC
deleted_user
Not applicable
What is UNC path in the libname statement?
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Suggest Google search argument:

define unc path

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
GertNissen
Barite | Level 11
Is fclus09 your sas dataset or a folder ?
deleted_user
Not applicable
That is my folder
nancyli_may2009_hotmail_com
Calcite | Level 5
Hello all,

How can my pc environment is setup automatically once I start SAS application? Currently, I have to copy/paste the statements like libname mylib 'c:sasdata'; or option OPTIONS FMTSEARCH=(mylib); to my working editor screen every time when I start SAS.

Thank you
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Please do not piggy-back on another individual's prior post - create your own new post and if necessary paste the link (or make suitable) reference to some prior post.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
nancyli_may2009_hotmail_com
Calcite | Level 5
I know "new" is not an excuse here...I am sorry. (now I know how to post new )
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
NancyLi,

I agree with Scott on the postings, but you are a newbee, so the answer is to use the autoexec.sas file for your things that you want to do at startup. Check out your OS companion document for Windows specific features and otherwise search for autoexec in the SAS documentation.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation