BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GregLee
Calcite | Level 5

I was trying to bootstrap GLM and GENMOD output using the JACBOOT.SAS macro, specifically in University Edition. I hit several several snags!

• Neither procedure has "OUTEST=" type code to output parameters.
  • Fine, you say: simply use ODS OUTPUT to get the parameters. But, what do I do about the 10,000 sets of sequential HTML output?
    • NOPRINT is not an option as, of course, ODS OUTPUT can't operate with NOPRINT (and, p.s., PROC GENMOD also bizzarly doesn't do NOPRINT...).
    • Neither is ODS RESULTS OFF or the like an option, which is my goto solution if all else fails in these situations, because University Edition doesn't allow ODS HTML to close either.

So I am currently stumped. Any thoughts out there? Am I missing something 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
sinmathstat
Fluorite | Level 6

I agree with you, NOPRINT and OUTEST should be the standard options for any generalized model, however they are not available for the most important procedures like glm and genmod.

Using ods output for storing the result may be good enough for one replication but using it in a by process is not efficient.

In your case, 

• Beside JACKBOOT macro, you are able to do bootstrap analysis by using surveyselect with reps options to generate the resamples or by a datastep program. Next you are able to use by processing to estimate the parameters for each replications.
  • For linear model you should use proc reg which supports NOPRINT and OUTEST.
  • For generalized model you should use proc catmod which supports NOPRINT and OUTES.

Ksharp
Super User

ods select none;

ods output .............

?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation