BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

I have addresses with incorrect zip codes.  I wanted to create an automated process that would take each address and get the correct zip code.  I have over 700 and doing them manually would take a very long time.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Linlin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I don't think it is possible because there are so many common addresses.

jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Linlin,

I agree that that is true but there should be a way to do that and have a flag that says if the address was found or not.  At least that is what I'm hoping there is.

Thank you

Astounding
PROC Star

Perhaps the zip code is correct and the address is wrong??

At any rate, it sounds like an application that Zillow should develop.  I wonder if they're thinking about it.

jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you for your replies I will look at those links and post my results.

I understand the address could be the problem but I have no choice but to try and get zipped based on address if nothing is returned or found then I can investigate those address.

Thank you

jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks again for all the help.  I was able to find a file that had address geocoded and had the postal standardization info which allowed me to track back and get the zip info.  Thank you again for all your help.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation