BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
flg
Calcite | Level 5 flg
Calcite | Level 5

I am simulating multivariate data using proc simnormal.  I have known parameters rather than generating them using proc corr, so I am creating a dataset that looks like the one proc corr would have output.  Proc simnormal seems to require that this dataset includes means standard deviations correlation coefficents and N.  I can't see how this N is being used.  It seems that unless N=1 the value N takes doesn't really matter, but if N=1 then the simulated values all take the mean values that are input (which makes some sense).  Bas I have no known value for N as an input parameter is my assumption that it has no effect so I can choose any value (except N=1) correct?

1 REPLY 1
flg
Calcite | Level 5 flg
Calcite | Level 5

I raised this question to SAS and the best way to apprach it appears to be to create a COV dataset rather than a CORR dataset when simulating from known parameters but with no knowledge of the N that they are based on.  Using this dataset does not encounter the same problems as the CORR dataset when no N is provided.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation