BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
andrew0845
Calcite | Level 5
like 4<-<([0-9])0='xx' <-What does ([0-9])0 mean?
4 REPLIES 4
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Interesting syntax
but it doesn't look valid for a picture range definition!

Where did you see it?
andrew0845
Calcite | Level 5
It's just because I cannot "cut and paste" the whole code. I don't know where the wrong is. Whenever, I cut and paste the posted message is just part of the original message I intended to post!

The part posted is the part I don't understand. The other part, you can imagine, is just like a normal definition for a proc format picture.

I don't undertand the following way to express a range for a value in a picture definition.

I just show the uplimit of a range for a value: ([0-9])3, say.

Would you please tell me how I can understand that? Thanks!
andrew0845
Calcite | Level 5
I forgot to mention that where I saw it. I saw it at the e-book for SAS Advanced Prep. Thanks!
andrew0845
Calcite | Level 5
The original code is as follows:

proc format;
picture agegrp
1-<([0-9])3='00 Youth'
13-<([0-9])0='00 Teen'
20-<([0-9])0='00 Adult'
70-high='000 Senior';
run;

< is the symbol for "smaller than". That is the way I can input the original code, otherwise, the most of part will disappear mysteriously after it is posted.

What does ([0-9])3 and ([0-9])0 mean in the picture definition?

Besides, if I only use < not -<, what would happend? Inclusive for the lower limit or upper limit?

Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation