BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
stat11
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm using PROC IMPORT to bring an Excel file into SAS. The Excel file is formatted to only display 2 decimals, however, the actual number goes out to 16 decimal places. When I import this file into SAS, it'll only bring in the number with two decimal places. Is there any way to read in all the decimal places, without having to change the Excel file to display all the numbers?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

3 REPLIES 3
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Somehow I couldn't repeat your problem.  I am running SAS 9.2 on XP pro box.

Haikuo

stat11
Calcite | Level 5

hmm...interesting. I tried it with another file and it's working correctly. I'll have to look into this specific Excel file to see why it's not reading in correctly.

Thank you for looking into it.

stat11
Calcite | Level 5

For those who encounter this issue in the future, if the variable is formatted as currency in Excel, then SAS will only read in that variable to 2 decimal places, even if the decimal place goes out further. The only solution I see is to format the variable as a general number in Excel. Any other suggestions are welcome!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation