BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JKCho
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello all,

Importing Excel files shows corrupted files again and again..

I matched the bitness of my SAS and the Office to 64 bit and uninstall and reinstall SAS, the Office, and the SAS Documentation Server... but nothing changed... I changed .xlsx to .csv and all other formats available but... well... exhausted kind of.

I simply clicked the "Import Data" button over the menu bar. and followed processes...

Not even sure what is the cause.

Absurdly, there is no error or warning sign on my log window at all.

FYI, I attach the file(not only this file but other files does not properly is converted too with no error sign on the log window) so maybe one of you try to figure it out.

I asked my cohorts and my university's IT team and I know they have done their best. Sadly all did not work so far.

Please share with me any tips to move a bit forward!

Thank you!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

You said you used the IMPORT button but did not say what GUI you are using.  Are you using Enterprise Guide?  SAS/Studio? Display Manager?  Something else?

What version of SAS are you running?

Did you try just running code to import the file instead of trusting some GUI tool to find the right code for you?

What process is making the files you are trying to read? perhaps the files really are corrupted.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

Show your code.

EDIT: your code from the log is fine. 

And have you tried a code approach? If none are working, even CSV I suspect you have a path or license issue.

JKCho
Pyrite | Level 9
AH... I simply used PROC IMPORT instaed using the button... and all is good. I had no ideas what GUI and other things are.. and after reading others asking what about your GUI and something, I figured out that there is more than clicking the IMPORT button.

Thank you for your comments!
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

You said you used the IMPORT button but did not say what GUI you are using.  Are you using Enterprise Guide?  SAS/Studio? Display Manager?  Something else?

What version of SAS are you running?

Did you try just running code to import the file instead of trusting some GUI tool to find the right code for you?

What process is making the files you are trying to read? perhaps the files really are corrupted.

JKCho
Pyrite | Level 9
I just ran the PROC IMPORT. I thought PROC IMPORT is the same as using the button. but not..

Thank you so much!
JKCho
Pyrite | Level 9

For you who may read this thread later..

just use PROC IMPORT. that is it....

Reeza
Super User
Different question, can you read any files at all? Have you tried importing a file from elsewhere that you're 100% sure is not corrupted?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation