BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
namrata
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

I have tried to import this file in csv, excel, text formats but none of them works perfect.

This dataset initially had missing values for both the columns but I have filtered them out.

Could anybody please help me? Smiley Happy

I have attached the dataset I need to import ind_index.xls. I have also attached the original data set just incase.

Thank you so much!

Namrata

4 REPLIES 4
art297
Opal | Level 21

Since you only posted xls files, show the code you used in trying to import the Excel files.  Also, do you have sas/access for pcfile formats, what version of sas are you on, are you running 32 or 64 bit sas, and which operating system are you using?

ballardw
Super User

And what are the symptoms that "none of them works perfect"?

namrata
Fluorite | Level 6

:

This is my code for xls file import:

import out=ind_code

datafile="E:\second year-recent\data_d2013\ind_index.xls"

DBMS=excel replace;

getnames=yes;

run;

I am using SAS 9.3 and I guess it is 64 bit SAS(sorry, am not sure about the bit part and the sas/access part) and am using Windows 7.

:

In case of the text file, I was getting errors like invalid data. Incase of xls import, some of the errors were:

ERROR: Connect: Class not registered

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement

thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation