BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

In SAS Data Integration Studio 3.4, Can I accept a value from outside?

THe scenario is like this i have a dataset which can be filter by year.

Can I prompt a user to enter the year so that he can read records for that year.?

Is it able to write to a file then from SAS Data Integration Studio 3.4, we read from the file then into the job?

Can it be done?

If so, how can it be done?

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
helphelp
2 REPLIES 2
GertNissen
Barite | Level 11
I would not run my jobs in DI Studio - I would only use DI Studio to develop jobs.

Deploy your jobs and run them with the generated batch file or from your favorite job scheduling tool.

In DI Studio you can define the parameter for each job and/or you can use the prolog feauture to set macro variables (i.e. read from a SAS table) to define your year. This way you seperate your code and the parameter, and then you don't need to re-deploy your jobs when reading a new year.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

How is it actually done?

do u have guide on that?

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
helphelp

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation