BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ameliasalem
Obsidian | Level 7
Being new to all this - I want my data set tidy until I am comfortable - super time consuming.
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Make sure to tell PROC IMPORT where it can store the formats (what STATA calls "value" labels).

libname mylib '/home/xxxxxxx/sasuser.v94';
proc import out=mylib.mydata 
  datafile='/home/xxxxxxx/2019 ASR_Public_Use_File.dta' dbms=DTA replace
;
  fmtlib=mylib.myformats;
run;

Then make sure you tell SAS how to FIND those new formats so they can be used when you use the dataset.

options append=(fmtsearch=(mylib.myformats));

Also make sure to look at the dataset so you can see how PROC IMPORT converted the STATA file into a dataset.

proc contents data=mylib.myformats varnum;
run;
ameliasalem
Obsidian | Level 7

This seemed like solid advise and I STARTED writing it into my CODE but a colleague recommended the code that I ended up using for now (see response to other user above) and since it was straightforward for him, I'm going to see how far I can get with this + filtering out values of variables that I don't want. Will give this a go if current approach doesn't work. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 4 in conversation