BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Beto16
Obsidian | Level 7
Spoiler

Hi I have this snippet of code

Data have;
    Infile;
    Length bacode $25;
    N+1;
    Pid=prxparse ('/atmbarcode :\W*\w+/i');
    S=1;
    E=length (x);
    Call prxnext (pid,s,e,x,p,l);
    Do while (p>0);
        Bacode=substr (x.p.l);
        Output;
    End;
    Keep n x bacode;
Run;

What I need is to add a tracking number the tracking number starts with 1zt2. How can I add a 2nd search to the code to look for atmbarcode and 1zt2 as well? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Like this:

data _null_; file "%sysfunc(pathname(WORK))\t.txt"; X='X. Bacode. N. Newvar ZT2487 '; put X; X='Blah,blah,blah, Atmbarcode :"TY272822. 2'; put X; X='Blah, blah,blah,blah, '; put X; X='1ZT2487A122111112,blah,blah, '; put X; run; data WANT; infile "%sysfunc(pathname(WORK))\t.txt" pad; input X $80.; PRX=prxparse('/(1ZT[A-Z\d]{14}) (?# capture 1ZT and 14 letters or digits) | (?# or) (?<=Atmbarcode\W{3}) (?# capture preceeded by Atmbarcode\W{3} ) (TY\d*) (?# capture TY and digits) /x'); call prxsubstr(PRX,X,POS,LEN); if POS then STR=substr(X,POS,LEN); putlog STR=; run;

STR=

STR=TY272822

STR=

STR=1ZT2487A122111112

All supported SAS regular expressions documented in:

High-Performance SAS Coding

https://www.amazon.com/High-Performance-SAS-Coding-Christian-Graffeuille/dp/1512397490

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Can you give a few examples of variable x to work with?

Do you actually need "atmbarcode : " as part of the bacode string?

PG
Beto16
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi I will examples  bacode is the name of column I create .. I'm looking for everything that starts with atmbarcode:  I now need to add the tracking number that is in another column and if starts with 1zt2.    ...so the first part of code works it brings in everything I need I need to add and statement to bring 1zt2 tracking number ..the location of the tracking numBer can vary from col 5 thru coL 300 .....I was hoping peral could assist 

ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Like this?

data have;
  Length bacode $25;
  X='lkdjf lsdjkl skljl atmbarcode :_SS jhjh  1zt2 : _5r kkj';
  Pid=prxparse ('/(atmbarcode|1zt2) :\W*\w+/i');
  S=1;
  E=length (x);
  Do while (p>0);
    Bacode=substr (x,p,l);
    putlog Bacode=;
  End;
Run;

bacode=atmbarcode :_SS

bacode=1zt2 : _5r

If not, please supply a couple of line of data and desired output variable values.

Beto16
Obsidian | Level 7
It didn't work I can do it in steps first pulling atmbarcode which works than pulling for tracking number which is in column X example 1ZT28 an one more letter an 10 more digits all together 17 characters long .hi have this code

Data have;
Set have;
Newvar=('s/.+([A-Z](2)) *(\d+).*/$1$2/o',-1,'x'n);
Run;
My output
Is only 6 characters ZT2487 how can I tweak it to bring in all 18 characters? Thank you
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Please feel free to ignore requests from @PGStats and myself to supply expected data and output, and still expect meaningful answers. 🙂

Beto16
Obsidian | Level 7
I thought I was providing you with all the pertaint information. .. since the atmbarcode works I fig it be easier to do it in steps since I have a code that brings 6 of the characters I thought you could show me how to tweak the code to bring the rest here is what I'm looking at right after I run the first part

X. Bacode. N. Newvar ZT2487
Blah,blah,blah, Atmbarcode :"TY272822. 2
Blah, blah,blah,blah,
1ZT2487A1221111111,blah,blah,

Sorry for the misunderstanding I thought I was helping by providing code an not example hopes that helps my thought process
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Like this?

data HAVE;
  X='X. Bacode. N. Newvar ZT2487             '; output;
  X='Blah,blah,blah, Atmbarcode :"TY272822. 2'; output;
  X='Blah, blah,blah,blah,                   '; output;
  X='1ZT2487A122111112,blah,blah,            '; output;
run;
data WANT;
  set HAVE;
  PRX=prxparse('/(1ZT[A-Z\d]{14})|(?<=Atmbarcode\W{3})(TY\d*)/');
  call prxsubstr(PRX,X,POS,LEN);
  if POS then STR=substr(X,POS,LEN);
  putlog STR=;
run;

STR=

STR=TY272822

STR=

STR=1ZT2487A122111112

Beto16
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Chris if I'm getting an Infile how do I make refer to all X's. For it to work ?
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Like this:

data _null_; file "%sysfunc(pathname(WORK))\t.txt"; X='X. Bacode. N. Newvar ZT2487 '; put X; X='Blah,blah,blah, Atmbarcode :"TY272822. 2'; put X; X='Blah, blah,blah,blah, '; put X; X='1ZT2487A122111112,blah,blah, '; put X; run; data WANT; infile "%sysfunc(pathname(WORK))\t.txt" pad; input X $80.; PRX=prxparse('/(1ZT[A-Z\d]{14}) (?# capture 1ZT and 14 letters or digits) | (?# or) (?<=Atmbarcode\W{3}) (?# capture preceeded by Atmbarcode\W{3} ) (TY\d*) (?# capture TY and digits) /x'); call prxsubstr(PRX,X,POS,LEN); if POS then STR=substr(X,POS,LEN); putlog STR=; run;

STR=

STR=TY272822

STR=

STR=1ZT2487A122111112

All supported SAS regular expressions documented in:

High-Performance SAS Coding

https://www.amazon.com/High-Performance-SAS-Coding-Christian-Graffeuille/dp/1512397490

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation