BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mnew
Calcite | Level 5
Greetings:
Each time I double-click on a saved SAS file, the Enterprise Guide kicks off, even though I've never used Enterprise Guide at all. I use Windows XP and the SAS version is 9.2. It is true that I could right click to select open with SAS 9.2 but I'm hoping for a way to set the default start option.
Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
on a reasonably standard install of foundation SAS9.2, the start menu SAS group should include a sub-group named like SAS 9.2 utilities. That includes a SAS File Types application that enables you to set the default SAS behaviour.
mnew
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you! This worked for me. (More details for the next beginner with similar questions: SAS 9.2 License Renewal and Utilities -> Manage SAS File Types (here you can check/uncheck which files you want to open with either Enterprise guide or SAS 9.2. I unchecked .sas when SAS EG was highlighted.)
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Another approach in XP, with more flexibility, is to go to My Computer
select tools
select folder options
select file types
select the extension you wish to change
select advanced
then you can connect any file type to any application.

For instance, I connect .log and .lst files to EMACS.

Doc Muhlbaier
Duke
mnew
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you! Followed the instruction, changed .sas files to open with SAS system for Windows. When I double clicked on a sas code file, it did kick off the SAS 9.2. However I also got a warning message about a catalog file does not exist. Next an error message telling me an error occured while attempting to initialize a SAS desktop object from class sashelp.sasdesk.catmodel. My file did not open. I must have missed something, half way there :).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation