BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GeorgeSAS
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello all.

I have 10 lines of SAS code, but I want only submit line 3,5,6,7.I want submit it in command lane. subtop command can only submit top lines. what can I do?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Hi,

Gotta say I never execute code from the command line.  What I would say though is that the editor is advanced enought to comment out code, click to the left of the line to highlight the whole code line and press cntrl + / to comment out the row.  Then you can just submit the program.  Far easier once you get used to it.

GeorgeSAS
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
thank you, but actually I have thousands lines of codes .I only want test several rows of them, I have to use command line because I don't use pc SAS
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

I would agree with @LinusH, IDE's are available for all OS's, at all levels and are designed to make testing, editing and such like far easier than typing things in at the command line.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
What kind of SAS environment do you have then?
Sounds like you are mimic the programming and testing process from the seventies...
Data never sleeps
sinmathstat
Fluorite | Level 6

is it helpful? (assume your program is stored in temp.sas)

data _null_;
length command $100.;
infile "~/temp.sas" ;
input;
if _n_ in (1 3 5) then  call execute(_infile_);
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation