BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jint83
Calcite | Level 5

Is there a way to Not run autoexec.sas, during remote signon and rsubmit? I have tried sascmd="sas -noautoexec" but it conflicts with the user= and password= options.

8 REPLIES 8
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please post your complete signon process statements otherwise we would be guessing what is going on.

jint83
Calcite | Level 5

%let server = unix.wharton.upenn.edu 4016;

options comamid=TCP remote=wrds ;

signon server nocscript user=aaa  password=bbb;

Rsubmit;

The above would automatically invoke the autoexec.sas at remote server.

jint83
Calcite | Level 5

And how to invoke the script with signon statement and what is the content of the script file? It is not clear. Please provide a complete answer.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

READ.THE.DOCUMENTATION.

From the link I provided, you directly find

SAS/CONNECT(R) 9.2 User's Guide

where a simple signon script is presented and documented.

You can also find examples in your SASFoundation/x.x/misc/connect subdirectory.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you also check with your SAS administrator to see if they have a way of of avoiding the autoexec.

PhilC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You'd want to write another TCPWIN.SCR file and link to it by a statement along the lines of

FILENAME RLINK "C:\blah-dee-bee-blah-path\TCPWIN.SCR"

Before I continue do you know where you find this statement and the TCPWIN.SCR file that you are currently using?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation