BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
hammerman
Obsidian | Level 7

I have to present this information in excel.

Collection Agent The collection agents contracted to the Dept are Humanity Corporation Pty Ltd. The role of these agents is to recover debts on behalf of the Dept

Customer An individual, group or organisation who has been allocated a   Number

Customer Payment Customer payments include the following repayment methods: Credit Card Payments, Cash Payments, Cheque Payments, PayPal Payments, EFT Payments, Money Ord Payments or Deductions from the customer's bank account.

Debt An overpayment of a customer’s entitlement that is legally recoverable plus any additional charges.

info.JPG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

I have started with this, but need to go in a meeting now - you need to add in the Excel code to move bold text to center of cell.

data have;
  length col1 col2 $2000;
  infile datalines dlm="~";
  input col1 $ col2 $;
datalines;
Collection Agent~The collection agents contracted to the Dept are Humanity Corporation Pty Ltd. The role of these agents is to recover debts on behalf of the Dept
Customer~An individual, group or organisation who has been allocated a   Number
Customer Payment~Customer payments include the following repayment methods: Credit Card Payments, Cash Payments, Cheque Payments, PayPal Payments, EFT Payments, Money Ord Payments or Deductions from the customers bank account.
Debt~An overpayment of a customer’s entitlement that is legally recoverable plus any additional charges.
;
run;

ods tagsets.excelxp file="c:\test.xml";
proc report data=have nowd;
  columns _all_;
  define col1 / " " order order=data style={cellwidth=5cm just=l font_weight=bold};
  define col2 / " " style={cellwidth=10cm just=l};
  compute before col1;
    line '';
  endcomp;  
run;
ods tagsets.excelxp close;

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

Place the data into a dataset, including blank lines, and use proc print to display it.

You can use either ODS Excel or Tagsets.ExcelXP or Proc Export.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Sorry, what is the question?

hammerman
Obsidian | Level 7
I present a summary report on one sheet and on the other sheet I need to present the information which is attached with the post.
Issue I am having is the way text is needs to presented.
Reeza
Super User

You need to be more specific please. 

What is causing the issue? Have you tried the method suggested - creating a dataset and exporting?

How are you creating file currently?

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

I have started with this, but need to go in a meeting now - you need to add in the Excel code to move bold text to center of cell.

data have;
  length col1 col2 $2000;
  infile datalines dlm="~";
  input col1 $ col2 $;
datalines;
Collection Agent~The collection agents contracted to the Dept are Humanity Corporation Pty Ltd. The role of these agents is to recover debts on behalf of the Dept
Customer~An individual, group or organisation who has been allocated a   Number
Customer Payment~Customer payments include the following repayment methods: Credit Card Payments, Cash Payments, Cheque Payments, PayPal Payments, EFT Payments, Money Ord Payments or Deductions from the customers bank account.
Debt~An overpayment of a customer’s entitlement that is legally recoverable plus any additional charges.
;
run;

ods tagsets.excelxp file="c:\test.xml";
proc report data=have nowd;
  columns _all_;
  define col1 / " " order order=data style={cellwidth=5cm just=l font_weight=bold};
  define col2 / " " style={cellwidth=10cm just=l};
  compute before col1;
    line '';
  endcomp;  
run;
ods tagsets.excelxp close;
hammerman
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks !!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation