BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shankar_kumar
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Everyone

I am working on SAS Enterprise Guide.

As part of an automation work, I need to move some files from one folder to another folder.

SAS step used is:

options noxwait;
x ‘move c:\temp\*.txt c:\newtemp’;

When I run this step, I get following error:
ERROR: Shell escape is not valid in this SAS session.

Since Enterprise Guide I work on provides a client interface to log in to SAS server located remotely, I found from internet that SAS administrator disables windows cmd commands to avoid their misuses.

Please suggest me ways to move files.

Note: while I want to move, I want to make sure the "date modified" values of files do not change.

Appreciate your co-operation.

Thanks
Shankar
3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User
I would try placing that move command into a Windows command file and having the SAS X command execute that program.
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
You need to enable EG (Workspace server) to perform x cmd's and os tasks. Message was edited by: twocanbazza
SAS83
Fluorite | Level 6
I normally use PROC Datasets in SAS enhance editor .. I dont know if this is useful to you ..
Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation