BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I used proc lifereg function to perform a tobit regression. After getting estimates, I want to get residuals from the Tobit regression. How to do it? Can anyone help me with it? Thanks very much.
2 REPLIES 2
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Though I do not have your answer, you may find useful information at the SAS support http://support.sas.com/ website using the SEARCH facility and your forum subject.

Also, I found search matches using the Google advanced search argument listed below, against the SAS.COM website:

residuals from the Tobit regression site:sas.com

Hope this information helps.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
statsplank
Calcite | Level 5
Hi GingerLee,

By definition, residuals (also called raw residuals) are calculated by subtracting the predicted value from the observed value. If you were able to create a data set with your observed outcome and the estimated (predicted) values, then you could calculate the residuals.

Also, you may want to check the description of the OUTPUT statement
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/59654/HTML/default/statug_lifereg_sect012.htm

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation