BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sam369
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi ALL,

I  am new to UNIX. from couple of weeks i learn few basic commands from online Materials. I am using default xterm which is black background and grey front ground and crayon cursor.I saw my other colleague work station, they have very fancy and good looking screens. How do i update mine.

Another question is they are using couple of commands to perform the task. i know very basic commands.

Could some one guide me to gain  knowledge on UNIX

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Sam

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Is this a joke? How on earth could I know about your colleagues fancy GUI? Ask him/her instead...!

If you want to learn UNIX quickly, attend at a class. Or get a book, and learn by your self. there are ton s of good books on amazon and other stores.

Data never sleeps
sam369
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Linush,

Thanks for your quick response.... I am not asking exactly the same GUI of my colleagues.... I am telling that his GUI looks very clear to understand and more visible and much more clarity than mine.... i would like to change my default GUI to any another(not exactly my colleagues).

Regards

Sam

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

1. This is not a Xterm/UNIX forum, it's a SAS forum. If you want to pimp your Xterm, I suggest you try some other forum on the Internet.

2. Still, we have no idea how your GUI looks now, and how you want it...

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation