BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
lsandell
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi there, I would like to know how to properly cite the entire SAS SAS/STAT user guide for a scientific publication? I found some old examples, but I'm not sure if this is correct for the most current/existing version. Thank you! 

example: SAS (SAS Institute, Inc.). (2004). SAS/STAT® 9.4: User's Guide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The second page of the documentation says: 

The correct bibliographic citation for this manual is as follows: SAS Institute Inc. 2023. SAS/STAT® 15.3 User’s Guide. Cary, NC:
SAS Institute Inc.

You could add additional information about the chapter, such as

SAS Institute Inc. 2023. "The GLIMMIX Procedure" in SAS/STAT® 15.3 User’s Guide. Cary, NC:
SAS Institute Inc.

This is for the latest release SAS 9.4 If you are using an earlier version of the software (for example, 15.1), write back and I'll try to find the publication year.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Here's a link to the latest SAS/STAT guide for SAS 9.4 in PDF form. You can most likely figure out the citation from the title pages.

lsandell
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you for the link to the PDF version!
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The second page of the documentation says: 

The correct bibliographic citation for this manual is as follows: SAS Institute Inc. 2023. SAS/STAT® 15.3 User’s Guide. Cary, NC:
SAS Institute Inc.

You could add additional information about the chapter, such as

SAS Institute Inc. 2023. "The GLIMMIX Procedure" in SAS/STAT® 15.3 User’s Guide. Cary, NC:
SAS Institute Inc.

This is for the latest release SAS 9.4 If you are using an earlier version of the software (for example, 15.1), write back and I'll try to find the publication year.

lsandell
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you so much!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation