BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sms1891
Quartz | Level 8

Dear SAS community,

I have list of date variables (date_x, date_y, date_z, etc.) for each Record (ID). So for each ID, I need to pick the earliest date variable from the list of all date variables and create a new date variable (date_new) using the earliest date variable for each ID. Any help with SAS code for creating this new date variable is appreciated.

NOTE: I have only one row per ID with all my date variables recorded as separate variables (single row per ID).

Sample Data Set

ID      Date_X     Date_Y     Date_Z    Date_P    Date_Q   Date_R

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Please do not post the same question multiple times. 

You can use the MIN() function to get the lowest date and it will ignore missing dates.

min_date = min(date_x, date_y, date_z, ... , date_R);

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sms1891
Quartz | Level 8

Dear SAS community,

I have list of date variables (date_x, date_y, date_z, etc.) for each Record (ID). So for each ID, I need to pick the earliest date variable from the list of all date variables and create a new date variable (date_new) using the earliest date variable for each ID. Any help with SAS code for creating this new date variable is appreciated.

NOTE: I have only one row per ID with all my date variables recorded as separate variables (single row per ID).

Sample Data Set

ID      Date_X     Date_Y     Date_Z    Date_P    Date_Q   Date_R

Thanks in advance!

Reeza
Super User

Please do not post the same question multiple times. 

You can use the MIN() function to get the lowest date and it will ignore missing dates.

min_date = min(date_x, date_y, date_z, ... , date_R);

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation