BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I want to calculate the Modal Number or the highest frequency, but my data is in lines, for example

Cod | Month01 | Month02 | Month03 | Month04 | MODAL
01 | 1 | 3 | 3 | 4 | 3
02 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | .
03 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 1

The value (variable) that I want to find is the MODAL, but compare the fields are not a good way to solve this problem, because my data is very large.
Someone have done something like this, or have an idea to solve this!

Thanks a lot
3 REPLIES 3
deleted_user
Not applicable
are there any number greater than 10, since if not , you can set 10 dummy (0 to 9)variable to indicated the count for each number.
another way , transpose first , then use proc freq
deleted_user
Not applicable
My scores are 420 to 550...
How can I use this dummy? Because my data is very large and the transpose, is a few inviable.
Olivier
Pyrite | Level 9
This thread http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=10645⦕ discusses mode computation. There should be some valid ideas in it.

Olivier

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation