BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
seibja01
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I am using SAS University edition and I am having issues trying to compile all my type 3 test of fixed effects tables together in one file. I was given this code a while ago: 

ODS OUTPUT SolutionF=FixedEffs Tests3=FTests

I believed this worked in SAS 9.4 on a different computer, but it is not working on my computer for SAS University edition. I also tried going to the work library and clicked on the FTESTS folder, but only one type 3 test of fixed effects table was shown out of my 10 analyses (it was the table from the first analysis). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jake

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

What does not working mean?

If you received an error please post it, as well as the code. 

ballardw
Super User

I think you need to provide a different name for each output set and include a permanent library if you want them to persist across sessions.

Something like this for the first and then increment the number for each run:

ODS OUTPUT SolutionF=Ftests.FixedEffs_Run01 Tests3=Ftests.FTests_Run01;

ODS OUTPUT SolutionF=Ftests.FixedEffs_Run02 Tests3=Ftests.FTests_Run02;

OR immediately after each analysis append the results to appropriate datasets.

seibja01
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for the responses Reeza and ballardw. I figured out the problem. First my data was in wide format, so I converted it to long format in excel. Does anybody know how to do that conversion in SAS, for future reference?

Next, the ods statement was incorrect. See my correction below

data gpr126_methdiff;
infile '/folders/myshortcuts/methylation/GPR126.csv' dsd firstobs=2;
input pig $ sex $ gest $ post $ sow $ sire $ gpr126 location $ position $ methperc;

/*
proc print data=gpr126_methdiff;
run;
*/

proc sort;
by position gest;
run;

proc mixed data=gpr126_methdiff;
by position;
class pig sow gest post sex sire;
model methperc = gest|post|sex; random sow(gest); random sire;
ods output Tests3=Tests3;
lsmeans gest|post|sex/pdiff;
run;

Thanks again for the help!

Jake

ballardw
Super User

There are lots of threads in this forum about transposing data from wide to long and long to wide. Search for TRANSPOSE will find many of them.

If you run into specific problems, create a new thread with some example input data and what the result should look like. It really helps if you can provide data in the form of a data step or demostrate with one of the SAS supplied data sets that usually reside in the SASHELP library.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation