BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
therock
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to test the effect on performance of different publicly traded companies based on whether they have audit committee or not after the passage of Sarbens-Oxley Act (SOX) of 2001 based on if they are listed on New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), NASDAQ, American Stock Exchange (ASE), or other exchanges. I have panel data that starts from 1996-2012. So here is my code:

proc surveyreg data=problem;

cluster firm;

class year exchange;

model performance = Audit PostSox Exchange ControlVariables Audit*PostSox*Exchange / noint solution;

test Audit*PostSox*NYSE = Audit*PostSox*NASDAQ = Audit*PostSox*ASE = Audit*PostSox*Other;

run;

The test statement does not work. I need help with that please. Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong and how to fix it?

If I use the BY statement in the program, then I need to test the same thing:

proc surveyreg data=problem;

cluster firm;

class year;

BY Exchange

model performance = Audit PostSox ControlVariables Audit*PostSox / noint solution;

test Audit*PostSox for NYSE = Audit*PostSox for NASDAQ = Audit*PostSox for ASE = Audit*PostSox for Other;

run;

Which model is better and accurate? Also how do I test the coeffecient in SAS?

Thanks,

the rock 

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

As a bare minimum you appear to be referencing variables in the test statement that do not appear in the model: NYSE NASDAQ and ASE.

Second I don't believe that the = sign belongs where you are attempting to use it.

I am guessing that all you actually want on the test is Exchange.

therock
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for reply! 

Because Exchange is a class variable, I want to test difference between NYSE, ASE, and NASDAQ. So in the model statement I just put Exchange, but in realty it will create a dummy variable for each exchange.

Sorry if the original statement was confusing. Hope this clears up!

Thanks!

therock
Calcite | Level 5
I forgot to add. I want to test the interaction term between all three variables.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation