BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Waliyya
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to import some data into SAS but I repeatedly receive an error message saying that the connection failed.

(I use 64-bit windows)

You'll find attached 2 pictures showing the messages I receive.

Can someone help me solve this problem please ??

Thanking you in advance.

Erreur SAS importer.pngErreur SAS import.png
4 REPLIES 4
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Please check your bitness. It could be SAS is 64-bit and your office 32-bit or vice versa.

The error message in English is more easy to find as this French one.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Waliyya
Calcite | Level 5

I have a 64 bit windows and I have installed SAS in 64 bits. Yet I still get this problem. What do I do ?

Despite creating the excel file myself, I still cannot import the table into SAS and I get the same message, see attached.

I have tried on other computers (at university) and it works.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

You need to post the actual code that you tried with PROC IMPORT.  Also what version of SAS you are using.

It appears you are using PC- SAS rather than a Unix version.

If you are using a new enough version of SAS it should be able to read XLSX files without trying to connect to MicroSoft tools.

proc import datafile='myfile.xlsx' out=mydata replace dbms=xlsx; run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation