BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BETO
Fluorite | Level 6

HI

my table looks like this

id.  Total.    number.    Starttime1.     End time1.     Dur.  Number.  Starttime2 endtime2.  Dur2

everything is group by id

what at I want to do is show the starttime1 is on same day as an starttime2  currently it brings in every incident for the month for example

06/01/15. And thN 06/04/15

here is what I have

data report6 (drop=I n Mac st et dh);

retain id total machine1 starttime1 endtime1 dur &allvar.n;

format &Mac. $10. &St. &et. Datetime.;

set want3(rename=(machine2=Mac starttime2=st endtime2=et dur2=Dh));

by id number1;

array m(*) &emac.;

array s(*) &st.;

array e(*) &et.;

array d(*)&dh.;

if first .id or first.number1 then

do: n=0

do i=1 to &mx.;

m(I) ="" ; s(I)=.; e(I)=. ; d(I)=.;

end;

end;

n+1 ;

m(n)=Mac;

s(n)=st;

e(n)=et;

d(n)=dh;

if last.id or last.number1 then output report6;

run;

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

Please show some input values and the desired output.

BETO
Fluorite | Level 6

I Have data that looks like this

what I am doing is looking Inot a location that have more than one machine...than look into when the first one was brought down an 2nd one was brought down... If the time crosses  an any givin time they are both down I Id that.... Up to this point it all works lol... When it's a daily pull report completes when I increase the date range it starts combing by id no matter the date for example

NEed

id.      Number.      Date.             Number 2.        Date2

1.         A1.             06/01/15.         a2.                    06/01/15

2.            B1.           06/02/15

2.            D1.          06/03/15

1      A1.            06/02/15.              A2.                           06/02/15

what I get

id number.  Date       Number2.   Date 2.         Number3.     Date3.      Number 4.    Date4

1.   A1.       06/01/15.    a2           06/01/25.        a1.              06/02/15.   A2.             06/02/15

so what I see that is happening its grouping it by id no matter the date ... Thank you

ballardw
Super User

I still can't tell what your desired output is.

Those macro variables not being defined doesn't help. Did you have some that worked before you started adding in macro variables?

The result looks sort of like a transpose from narrow to wider.

If this is supposed to be the desired output:

1 A1.  06/02/15. A2.   06/02/15

Where did A2 get a date of 06/02/15? It doesn't appear to be associated with that date in the example data.

I am not sure exactly what your "Number" variable means but it seems that it may mean 2 pieces of information Location and machine number in that location perhaps? If that is the case you would be better off having two variables.

It may not help that case is inconsistent also: A1 a1 a2 and A2. "A1" is not equal to "a1".

Also you describe your data in the first post as consisting of :

id.  Total.    number.    Starttime1.     End time1.     Dur.  Number.  Starttime2 endtime2.  Dur2

but then post example data of

id.      Number.      Date.             Number 2.        Date2

what happened?

BETO
Fluorite | Level 6

HI ballardw

i might need to approach differ could you show me how to create a macro that runs for everyday then I will append it ...currently I have  a

data _null_ ; start_date = today ();

call symput ('dt', " ' " ||put (start_date-20,yymmdd10.)||" ' ");

call symput (dt1', " ' " ||put (start_date-3,yymmdd10.)||" ' ");

run;

im using a between &Dt. And &dt1

how can I set up a Marco where it runs every day as individua day instead of pulling it all at once ? Thanks for the help

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation