BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Maneco
Calcite | Level 5
Hi, I'm using glimmix but my questin is applicable to mixed too.
I'm trying to analyse animal behavioural data. I have tha data entered as binomial by animal but the fact is animals affects others behavior so I have to analyse by separated groups of animals.
How I tell SAS to use a group of animals (REP variable) as a sample unit instead of an individual animal?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Rather than attempting to make the herd the unit of measure and treating each animal as a repeat, the more traditional way of approaching the problem is to use the animal as the unit of measurement and specify the herd as a random effect.
Maneco
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks Doc, for your quick answer. So, you say with this approach you solve the no-independence issue that exist inside each herd? I think there's no a herd effect but an individual effect...Thanks again
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
See the example at the beginning of the MIXED documentation in 9.2. It uses family as a random effect.
Maneco
Calcite | Level 5

Ok, thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation