BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello,

This has been happening for a few months now and I haven't been able to figure out. 

When close out a table or program I get the exit warning.  I don't remember changing any settings.

Does anyone know how I can stop it from asking to exit unless I hit the "X" in the upper right hand corner not the table or programs "X"?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

You may need to describe your environment a bit Operating system, SAS version, using Enterprise Guide or not, University Edition, stand alone or server. Also providing the exact text or screen capture of the message may help diagnose the issue.

Note that if you are working in a server environment then the server admin may have changed settings that you don't control or sometimes general IT change settings and impact the behavior of SAS.

jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi ballardw,

I'm windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, with SAS 9.3 (TS1M2) 64-bit. 

I'm not using Enterprise Guide

This is a stand alone computer

The message I get is "Are you sure you want to end the SAS session?".  Just like it shows when you try and close sas normally.

Sorry for not giving more info originally.

ballardw
Super User

With an open dataset, assuming you're getting the Viewtable by default, try pressing the F3 key.

Or in the command box in the upper left enter winclose for any of the windows. If that works without generating the messages then things get more fun to determine why.

If the winclose command works you can add it to a function key: Go to the editor, log or output window, Press F9 to bring up the Keys window that works for editor, log and output. Pick an empty key slot and type winclose (paste will not work) and close the keys window. Pressing the selected key combination will then close the active window when pressed. Note that the Results window has it's own keys entry and will need to be set separately starting from a Result window.

This is a work around. It seems likely that one or more registry entries have acquired an extra behavior for this to occur. By any chance did you try to customize anything using the registry?

jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Ballardw,

I opened the table and pressed F3 and the table closed with no message.  I opened the table again and typed winclose in the upper left textbox and the table closed with no message. 

For now I just right click on the table in the open window bar and click close and it closes with no message.

I don't think I made changes to the registry.

I also just noticed when I click the "restore down" button, which is the button between the dash and the X in the upper right corner of a open table(data view) it causes the rest of the application to go from full screen to a restore down state.

It seems that the application wants to mimic what I'm doing to the table.  If I close it wants to close if I shrink the table window the application window shrinks as well.  Is there an option that makes these two go together?

Thank you

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation