BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
alias
Calcite | Level 5

I've spent a long time looking for this so I thought I'd post for some help.

C1i = β1+β2Q1i+β3(Q1i)^2+β4(Q1i)^3+εi, Var(εi) = σ^2*Q1i

there are 28 obs. on Cost(C) and Output(Q).

Find the gls estimates for β1, β2, β3, and β4.  I have been trying to find the code in SAS to do this but I've had no luck.  I am trying PROC MIXED and PROC CALIS procedures in SAS.  Does anyone know the code to answer this question?

The first column in the attached file is C1 and the second is Q1.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ksharp
Super User

Reeza,

I don't think GLM can do that .

Var(εi) = σ^2*Q1i which mean model has random effect ,GLM only can take care of Fix effect, therefore

PROC MIXED is a good choice. and SteveDenham  may help you , you should post it at Statistical Forum, he is always there.

Ksharp

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ksharp
Super User

Reeza,

I don't think GLM can do that .

Var(εi) = σ^2*Q1i which mean model has random effect ,GLM only can take care of Fix effect, therefore

PROC MIXED is a good choice. and SteveDenham  may help you , you should post it at Statistical Forum, he is always there.

Ksharp

alias
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the help.  I'm not very familiar with proc mixed or

proc calis, but that will change; when I have time.  I've managed to get the correct answer using the just using the weight option in proc reg.  I really would like to try the other options for the diagnostics they provide but I have a deadline.

Thanks again.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation