BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ericageiger
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am new to SAS and was trying to figure out how to fix my sample weight in my data. I am using the proc freq procedure to look at two variables. I attached the output below. However I want to say what region has the best health status but cannot do this because of distribution of my sample (that being the majority coming from the south). I cannot use the weight command on categorical variables so I am at a loss of what to do. I hope this makes sense and if anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

> I cannot use the weight command on categorical variables so I am at a loss of what to do.

You can use the WEIGHT statement for categorical variables. However, if these are survey weights you might want to use the SURVEYFREQ procedure instead, which corrects the variance estimates to account for the sampling design.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation