BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
podarum
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,  I have a whole bunch of accounts and I'm trying to find out when the first accident indicator happened from a series of clumns.  I can show better below what I mean.

I have 100K accounts and each account has flag_1 .. flag_2... up to flag_13.  And there is a 0 or a 1 depending when the accident happened.  So if the first accident happened in month 1 from the observation period then flag_1 = 1, else 0.. if the accident happened from 3 months form the observation period then flag_3 = 1, else 0.  It is possible that one accont has more then 1 flag = 1, depending if they had more than 1 accident.. in total it iss possible to have13 one's.  I'm trying to count how many first 1's did it happen for flag_1, and how many first one's for flag_2, and so on to flag_13.   Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Fugue
Quartz | Level 8

I'm not really sure what you are asking.

Are you wanting an aggregate count of 1s for each column? If so, simply sum the columns.

Or, are you looking for a count across columns? If so, use SUM (of FLAG:).

podarum
Quartz | Level 8

Sum the columns but only when the 1 is first.  It's OK, I figured out a long and dirty way, but it works.    Something like:

if acc_flag1 = 0 and acc_flag2 = 0 and acc_flag3 = 0 and acc_flag4 = 0 and acc_flag5 = 0 and acc_flag6 = 0 and acc_flag7 = 0 and acc_flag8 = 0 and acct_flag9 = 0 and acc_flag10 = 0 and acc_flag11 = 0 and acc_flag12 = 0 and acc_flag13 = 1 then DF_13 = 1;

then continue doing this for each of the 13 flags.. it does get smaller and smaller as I approach acc_flag_1.

Astounding
PROC Star

Here's an example:

data want;

set have;

array flags {13} acc_flag1 - acc_flag13;

do _n_ = 1 to 13;

if flags{_n_}=1 then do;

first_flag=_n_;

_n_=14;

end;

end;

run;

proc freq data=want;

tables first_flag;

run;

If you understand arrays and do loops, I imagine you won't have questions about the code.  Good luck.

stat_sas
Ammonite | Level 13

data have;

input account flag_1-flag_13;

cards;

1 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1

2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

;

data want(drop=i);

set have;

retain freq1-freq13 0;

array flag(*) flag_1-flag_13;

array freq(*) freq1-freq13;

do i=1 to dim(flag);

if flag{i}=1 then do;

freq{i}+1;

output;

freq{i}=0;

leave;

end;

end;

run;

proc freq data=want;

table freq:;

run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 in conversation