BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Park-KW
Calcite | Level 5

I made a Quadratic Polynomial linear regression. and I want find out the maximum or minimum value of quadratic polynomial linear regression. Are there any procedure to find out max or min value?

2 REPLIES 2
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

The formula is x = -b / 2a, where b is the coefficient of the linear part, and a is the coefficient of the quadratic part. So you can program this in a data step in about 30 seconds. I don't know of any built-in way in SAS to find this value.

--
Paige Miller
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Yes, you can use the RSREG routine, which fits a quadratic model and reports the critical values.

Documentation and Getting Started example.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation