BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

NOTE: "E:\E_RECHARGE.txt" was successfully created.

I have recd above mention log.....but in my PC on E: coloun file not created..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gergely_batho
SAS Employee

Maybe that file is created on a (virtual) server, not on your local PC. Are you using SAS Enterprise Guide or SAS UE ?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
gergely_batho
SAS Employee

Maybe that file is created on a (virtual) server, not on your local PC. Are you using SAS Enterprise Guide or SAS UE ?

Deepaksingla0001
Calcite | Level 5

correct sir.... i am using sas enterprises guide 4.0

pls guide me.....thanks a lot sir.

gergely_batho
SAS Employee

With Enterprise Guide you are probably connected to a SAS server. You can check this connction in the lower right corner of EG.

Download the file from that server (with ftp for example). If you do not have other access then Enterprise Guide to that server, try to reorganize your code/EG flow, so you get a data set instead as a result. You can download a data set from the SAS server with Export.

Deepaksingla0001
Calcite | Level 5

Sir, I am attaching log file, please check.

still file not create on my PC.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The answer is there in plain sight:

NOTE: The file 'E:\E_RECHARGE.TXT' is:

File Name=/BILLING2pool/u02/sasconf/Lev1/SASMain/E:\E_RECHARGE.TXT,

Owner Name=cir_rjas,Group Name=sas,

Access Permission=rw-r--r--

You file is created in the directory from where the Workspace Server is started on the UNIX server.

- You (cir_rjas) and the group sas should NOT have write permissions there, have that fixed by your admin

- Use a file name following UNIX syntax convention (NO backslashes!), preferably starting with $HOME or /tmp (which should be the ONLY places where a non-system user has write permissions)

- Transfer the resulting file with FTP/SFTP

Your admin could also set up a location on the UNIX server that is visible as a network drive to your Windows client, which would make the whole operation easier.

Deepaksingla0001
Calcite | Level 5

Proc export data=RJ.E_RECHARGE_DAILY_RJ

FILE='E:\E_RECHARGE.TXT'

OUTFILE='E:\E_RECHARGE.TXT'

dbms=TAB REPLACE;

pls suggest change in this code.... I am nto able to understand $Home or /tmp

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You absolutely need to gain some knowledge about your server platform, or nobody here will be able to help you. Either you have someone in your organisation to give you the first clues, or you start educating yourself.

One starting point: Unix filesystem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also educate yourself about UNIX environment variables ($HOME is a very important one), the basic commandline utilities, and how you connect to the server to view/transport files. GIYF.

Without that, you are like a Windows user who doesn't know what a mouse is.

Deepaksingla0001
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks sir....I will also study of Unix file system.

its very helpful for me.... if you can provide only one coding to received this file in my PC.....

I know, I am the new user in SAS, bacause old person is left the job and same work assig to me. Sir...also if you suggest me / give me any book of SAS Verson 4.0. ... I will read the same.

Thank sir,

Deepak 09887900001

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

First you need to specify a correct UNIX style file name:

file "$HOME/E_RECHARGE.TXT" ......

$HOME is one of many UNIX environment variables and denotes your "home directory". Note that, in UNIX, E_RECHARGE.TXT is different from e_recharge.txt; UNIX is always case sensitive.

If your SAS installation is set up in the typical fashion, your home directory will be what appears in the "Files" section of your server instance in the server list in Enterprise Guide.

After that, you need to transfer this file to your PC. With some file types, this can be done in Enterprise Guide; the online documentation concerning (almost) all versions of EG can be found here: SAS Enterprise Guide

If you can't do it in EG, I advise to use a program like WinSCP or Putty to download the file; you need to use the same credentials that you used to log in with EG.

If you have been tasked with working as the local SAS guy, your boss positively needs to send you to the basic SAS courses.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation