BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Siddhartha
Calcite | Level 5

Dear All,

Can anyone please help me on the following code.

I am facing difficulty while downloading the data from TSV file, the issue is the code that I have mentioned below is not reading all the characters per column and stops reading the data afterwards including the rest of the columns in the same row ( column / variable is having 350+ characters.)

getting following errors.

ERROR: Limit set by ERRORS= option reached. Further errors of this type will not be printed.

ERROR: Import unsuccessful. See SAS Log for details.

filename in 'Path\meetings.tsv' encoding='utf8';

proc import datafile=in
     out=tele.base_data
     dbms=dlm
     replace;
     delimiter='09'x;
     datarow=2;
run;

Regards,

Siddhartha

4 REPLIES 4
R_Win
Calcite | Level 5

can u send the log and ERROR your are getting.

art297
Opal | Level 21

In addition to the log, it will also help if can you post the first 3 lines or so of your datafile.

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

I think your PROC IMPORT code is fine. SAS limits the size of OS datasets, and that can jump up and bite you at unexpected times. Try changing your FILENAME statement to

filename in 'Path\meetings.tsv' encoding='utf8' lrecl=32767;

Tom

Ksharp
Super User

I think your data is not matched with your variable type. Did you try 'gussingrow=' option to let SAS decide the right variable type and write some error check?

The best way is to use data step to make all variables are character Like: (var1-var200) (: $200.)

Ksharp

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation