BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
venkatesh
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Friends.,

I have data in Quick Books(it's set of software solutions designed to manage payroll, inventory, sales and other needs of a small business.)

how to extract the data from Quick Books

Thanks in Advance.....
6 REPLIES 6
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
According to this links http://www.quicklabs.com/Integration/qbintegration.html,
http://www.qodbc.com/qodbc.htm there should be possibilities using ODBC.
Do you have the SAS/Access to ODBC interface? And what version of Quick Book under which OS are you speaking about?
venkatesh
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Patrick.,

Am not suppose to install any software in system. Is there any another way to write code either .NET or any......

Premier edition for Quick Book 2008 under 2003 OS server.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Not sure if this will work for you, but I recently needed to download financial info from Quicken (with which I am not familiar and have no one to help me). I ended up finding a report that contained the info I needed (which was a major accomplishment in itself) and when I opened the Print screen I noticed the 'print to file' option. Somehow I was able to generate a .csv or .txt file (I can't remember which). If you can do that, you can import it into SAS.

Sorry if this is a little vague, but by the time I was finished I was ready to tear my hair out and probably couldn't do it again if my life depended upon it.

Good luck.
Flip
Fluorite | Level 6
You should be able to extract the data in an .IIF or .CSV file from QuickBooks, then read it as a flat file. This is under File -> Utilities -> export if I remember correctly.
venkatesh
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Flip.,

my exact problem is, i have a data in the form of application like (Invoice).
In that quantity and rate per each quantity is available.

i required these two fields from Quick Books. but unable to get the data from invoice.
venkatesh
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Liz.,

For me there is no option called Print to File.
and thanks for u'r co operation.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation