BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GreggB
Pyrite | Level 9

Is there a formula that will put the date in Column B that indicates when some data was entered in Column A.  For example:

Gregg       02/14/2012

Mary        02/17/2017

Gregg visited my office on 02/14/2012 and I want to log that date.  Mary came to see me on 02/17/2012 and I want to log that but I don't want Gregg's date to change.  I want to preserve it.  If you use =NOW ( ) it changes.

3 REPLIES 3
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I think that now() is an Excel function.  It seems like you have the wrong forum. 

In SAS, the TODAY() function could be used in conjunciton with the APPEND procedure to put the pieces together, but it seems like you are looking more for a data entry tool than a data manipulation tool.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

GreggB
Pyrite | Level 9

it is an Excel question.  I didn't know where else to go.

ArtC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If you are populating the Excel table from within SAS the EXCELXP tagset has the capability to take advantage of excel functions.  questions on this tagset are best posted in the ODS forum.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation