BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasmaven
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone, 

I have dataset in excel I would like to feed into SAS. 

in order to perform analysis, I need to transpose data. 

I have attached sample data with "Have" and "Want" tab.

Question #1,

so I have Date in header in "Have" sheet, that I want to transpose and get something like "Want".

its simple transpose in Excel, but got confused since Date in "Have" are considered as header when imported into SAS.

thank you ladies and gentlemen in advance...

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

Which stage of the process are you in at the moment?

Have you already imported your data into SAS? 

Have you tried PROC TRANSPOSE and it's not working?

Most users will not download Excel files (I previewed), so it's best to post data as text directly into the post. 

For your transpose, SAS does not allow variables to have the same column names so you won't be able to get exactly that. You can add a number to the groups before PROC TRANSPOSE to get A1, A2, A3 afterwards.

https://stats.idre.ucla.edu/sas/faq/how-can-i-create-an-enumeration-variable-by-groups/

@sasmaven wrote:

Hi everyone, 

I have dataset in excel I would like to feed into SAS. 

in order to perform analysis, I need to transpose data. 

I have attached sample data with "Have" and "Want" tab.

Question #1,

so I have Date in header in "Have" sheet, that I want to transpose and get something like "Want".

its simple transpose in Excel, but got confused since Date in "Have" are considered as header when imported into SAS.

thank you ladies and gentlemen in advance...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation