BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
byrne410
Calcite | Level 5

I am looking to compare my output for a treatment effect in a regression model to an estimate of crude event rate obtained without using a regression model. The regression model is not causing any difficulties, but my other model is. I want to compute my total number of events and the follow-up time for each of my treatment groups so that I can provide a crude event rate for each of my treatment groups, but thus far I have not been able to achieve this. I assumed I could use a proc freq procedure:

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

How would you calculate this by hand?

Its easiest if you post sample data (not necessarily actual data) with the desired output format/calculation.

For time based analysis I'm assuming you're using proc phreg? or proc lifereg?

byrne410
Calcite | Level 5

To calculate it by hand, I would only need a summary of the overall incidence between my treatment groups. Then I could provide a estimate of the crude event rate for each group.  My data would look similar to this, except there will be many more observations:

Id     trtgrp     nevents      followuptime

1     1          3                    5

2     1          4                    6

3     1          3                    4  

4     0          5                    5

5     0          7                    5

6     0          6                    5

7     0          6                    4

Reeza
Super User

What would the output be for this particular data example?

I'm just confused with an ID and the the nevents being 3, indicates multiple events per ID?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation