BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

I have created a dataset in SAS DI 3.4 Then I go to Enterprise Guide 4 to open and view the data but I can't due to this error.

[Error] Not authorized in the SAS metadata Repository to read data in table/view XXX.XXX.DATA

How to solve this error?

Thanks

Yours Sincerely,
helphelp
4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
A few assumptions:
-You are using the same userid/account in both cases.
-You have no pre-assigned libraries.
If this is the case, EG will assign metadata libname when you try to access data.
In DI Studio by contrast, the generated SAS code will contain old school libnames, which does not take metadata authorization into account, just OS privileges.
Talk to the person responsible for administrating your SAS configuration/security/environment, or look for yourself in SMC to find out how to set appropriate authorizations.

/Linus
Data never sleeps
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Linus,

You mean if I am using the same userid/account in both cases, i will have the error? What do u mean by that?

Yours Sincerely,
helphelp
milts
Pyrite | Level 9
Hi HelpHelp,

It should have both read metadata and read allowed i think.

Regards,
Milton
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
What I meant was that if you were using different userids there is also a possibility that these accounts has different rights in metadata/OS level.
/Linus
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation