BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello forum,

I have been attempting to run a linear regression model using proc surveyreg and have been receiving the following error:

ERROR: Read Access Violation In Task [ SURVEYREG )
Exception occurred at (674CCD05)
Task Traceback
Address Frame (DBGHELP API VERSION 4.0 rev5)
! I've left out the memory locations that follow, but let me know if you need them !

This error has occurred for various surveyreg models on 2 windows xp pcs (one with 4 gigs of memory). Strangely enough, if I reinstall SAS, the models will run fine for one session. Once I start a new session and rerun the models, I receive the error. Additionally, I am able to run the models without problem on my University's UNIX server.

I searched online and found that a read access violation is not rare, but typically it occurrs for specific procedures (and I haven't found anyone having this problem with proc surveyreg).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jim
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi,
Specifically with PROC SURVEYREG, you can get a read access violation if you list the same variable more than once in the CLASS statement (according to this SAS note):
http://support.sas.com/kb/10/035.html

If this is not your issue, then your best bet for help is to contact Tech Support and open a track with them.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello Cynthia,

Thank you for your reply. I did not use the class statement, so I guess this is not my issue. I should have provided this the first time, but an example of my model would be:

libname NCSresub 'C:\2_week symptoms\4_1';
data part1;
set NCSresub.part1;

proc surveyreg data=part1;
cluster clustr;
model f1p1imp = f1cogemo f2somat /adjrsq clparm;
strata str;
weight p1fwt;
run;

I will contact Tech Support. Does anyone else have any suggestions given my model?

Thanks!

Jim

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation