BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Clemence
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am trying to impute left-censored data by a multiple imputation. So left-censored data are missing. 

I use PROC MI with method MCMC and use the option MAXIMUM=(value of censure) for that the imputed data to be below the censorhip threshold. But, I get an error message :  "ERROR: An imputed variable value is not in the specified range after 100 tries."

I want impute the variable LB_LACTO_OLDnumConvertv1log.

Here is my code :

proc mi data=fusion seed=1234 nimpute=5 maximum=4.48 out=mimpute;
mcmc;
var LB_LACTO_OLDnumConvertv1log produit ;
run;

If I don't use the option MAXIMUM= , the imputed data are above the threshold. Do you have a solution?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
DWilson
Pyrite | Level 9

You have two variables listed on the VAR statement. The maximum statement you have will use that value as the maximum imputed value for all variables listed on the VAR statement. Is that what you want? If not, specify two maximum values on the maximum statement;

maximum=4.48 3.2

if you don't want a maximum for either of the two variables, use a period:

e.g. maximum = 4.48 .

Clemence
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your answer. But even if I put a point e.g "maximum = 4.48 . " , the values imputed are greater than the maximum 4.48. Maybe it's beacause all the other values observed are greater than 4.48 ? Would you know a solution ? Thanks.

Clémence

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation