BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DSchuster
Calcite | Level 5
Whenever I double-click a SAS program to open it up, it automatically opens it within the current open editor window, appended to the bottom of whichever program I happen to have open already...does anyone know how to stop that (i.e., force SAS to always open a different program within a new window?) Some of my programs are thousands of lines long, and I think to myself "oh, I have a perfect chunk of code already written that I can insert in here!", I navigate to the folder, and by force of habit double-click, then it scrolls my open program to the bottom and concatenates the two programs together, and renames the current file as the one just opened, forcing me to lose my place and get confused as to which is which! thanks. D
2 REPLIES 2
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
what release of SAS?
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
I tested the process posted by the OP. On Windows 7 Pro, when I double click a *.SAS named file, the SAS 9.2 system will open the file content (SAS program code) in a separate SAS Program Editor window.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

Suggested Google advanced search argument, this topic / post:

sas 9.2 companion windows dlgopen site:sas.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation