BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Scottcom4
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Guys,

I am attempting to send an email which has voting buttons associated with it.

The question asked will be:

Do you use the "Report Name From Dataset" report?

Can anyone think of a way that would allow me to do this?

As the voting buttons are an Outlook function, I gather that I would somehow need to create code which initiates an outlook session and creates a message with the option buttons turned on.

If this isn't possible, does anyone have experience with such an issue?

Thank you.
Scott
4 REPLIES 4
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Start out by opening a web page (VIEW SOURCE) and interrogate the HTML tags and URL string (everything past the "http:" info) -- this information will need to be generated in an HTML-based EMAIL body. You will likely need to construct the HTML as part of a DATA step created in the body of an EMAIL.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

Google advanced search argument, this topic/post:

generate html email body site:sas.com
Scottcom4
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Scott,

Thank you for your reply. I have attempted to do as you have suggested and the email get sent as I would expect, however I get no vote buttons.

Do you have any other ideas?

I can't send the code because it converts the HTML.
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Share your code that doesn't work - also use this post to guide you on how to post "code" and other special-concern characters.

http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=27609

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
In addition to Scott's suggestion, you might also want to check with your mail administrators to find out whether sending/receiving HTML in email is allowed. Some sites block out-going HTML and some block in-coming HTML messages and only allow plain text messages. (...which would defeat the purpose of building the HTML).

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation