BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cc1986
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have run into a problem when importing an Access database into SAS. The database has four tables, three of which imported with no problems, but the fourth gave me the following warning:

ERROR: File _IMEX_.tbl_name does not exist.
ERROR: Import unsuccessful. See SAS Log for details.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE IMPORT used (Total process time):
real time 0.59 seconds
cpu time 0.06 seconds

(Note: I took the table's name is not "tbl_name")

I have tried copying the table name directly from Access and pasting the table name into SAS with no luck. The table itself only has 10 variables in it. 

After some reading online, it's seeming like it might be an issue with my version of Access (64-bit Office 365) and its compatibility with my version of SAS 9.4 32-bit. I'm hoping this is not the issue, as I don't think I can control which version of Access or SAS I can use. If this is the case, why would all but one of the tables import? Why wouldn't all of them have issues importing? 

Also, another coworker is having the same problems with an Access database she just created.  

Any thoughts or suggestions on what the issue might be, would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance for the help! 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User
Is the table name over 32 characters? What's the actual table name and error?
cc1986
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Reeza,

Thanks for your response! The table name is 22 characters, and in fact, one of the other tables that imported perfectly has a longer name. The error is exactly copied from the log minus the table name.

Do you have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Reeza
Super User
Spaces in the table name?
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Does the table name include strange characters?  Something other than standard letters, digits and underscores?  No accented characters, just A to Z.  Does it start with a letter or an underscore?  In other words is it a valid SAS name.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation