BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dmalato2
Calcite | Level 5

I'm running PROC LOGISTIC and some of my independent variables are dummy variables. Do I need to include these dummy variables in the CLASS statement? I've run it both ways, including them in the CLASS statement and excluding them, and while I get the same Pr > ChiSq both ways, the estimate is different each way. In fact, when including the dummies in the CLASS statement, it appears that the estimate is in the wrong direction. What's the difference here?

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

Are your dummy variables 1/0? If so then you don't need to include it in the CLASS statement.

The opposite sign on the parameter estimates may be due to the difference in the reference level.  You can set your reference level explicitly in the CLASS statement.

CLASS dummy_variable (PARAM=REF REF=0);

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation