BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Pgloria
Obsidian | Level 7
Hello,
I have a cube and I want to refresh it with new data so I have a script with two proc olap's that runs when we get updated data
one does a delete_physical, the other recreates the cube.

My problem is that if a user has a open session I cannot delete the cube, is there a way to force a cube delete or to kill all Olap server sessions that are using that cube???

Mind that I'm using SAS 9.1.3,so no proc olapoperate, and I don't have permission to shutdown the olap server 😕

Thaks for your help
3 REPLIES 3
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
A work around is to create the cuba in another schema and when its built swap schema to the new one.

The old one in used in the next update...
deleted_user
Not applicable
I have same problem in SAS 9.1.3. My decision is to delete cube physically (using FAR) from server file system, then he recreates successfully.
AkilanR
Fluorite | Level 6

I am quite not sure about 9.1.3 . but in OLAP cube studio right click the particular cube and then select disable option. Then try to delete physical cube option.

I hope it will work.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation