BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
varun1220
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a set of excel files which have around 10 sheets in them. I have to import all of these in SAS Enterprise Guide which becomes very time consuming and tedious at times. 

I'm sure there is way to do this using code without importing everyfile. 

I tried defining a library using the statement on SAS 9.3,

libname xyz EXCEL PATH = 'W:\Desktop\Probablistic Load Forecasting\Week5\Trial_Holiday_Effect\2004.xlsx' 

also I tried

libname xyz  'W:\Desktop\Probablistic Load Forecasting\Week5\Trial_Holiday_Effect\2004.xlsx' 

I get error:

ERROR: Library XYZ is not in a valid format for access method RANDOM.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

Kindly help me out 

3 REPLIES 3
Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16
Please try

libname xyz xlsx 'W:\Desktop\Probablistic Load Forecasting\Week5\Trial_Holiday_Effect\2004.xlsx'
Thanks,
Jag
varun1220
Fluorite | Level 6

Not Working. Same error. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Creating an EXCEL library requires the SAS product SAS/ACCESS to PC Files. Look in Properties of your EG SAS Server List under SASApp or similar and check if you have this product.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation