BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
anissak1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello.  I'm new to SAS.  I have a seemingly easy question but none of the conventional "create new variables" rules

seem to apply directly.  Details below.  I created a mini dataset to illustrate.  Thank you! Anissa

First column has different types of tests - text format.  Second column has results - numeric.  

I want a third column with numeric value from column two, but only when column 1 is Test2.

OUTCOME NAMERESULTNew Variable with TEST 2 only?

TEST14.
TEST211
TEST32.
TEST23.
TEST422
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anissak1
Obsidian | Level 7
data want;
set have;
if upcase(outcome_name) = 'TEST2' then newvar=result;
run;

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Astounding
PROC Star

This should do the trick:

data want;
set have;
run;
anissak1
Obsidian | Level 7
data want;
set have;
run;

novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

hI @anissak1   Welcome to SAS communities. I am afraid you accidentally marked your thank you comment as the solution. Please switch to the correct solution. Have a good time here. 

anissak1
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you for letting me know.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation